All you buddies will be able to identify the following things
How to answer Telephones
How to put a customer on hold
How to transfer a call
How to take a message
How to conclude a call
How to deal with angry customers
Professional Telephone Etiquettes!!!
Before you answer
Turn away from you computer, desk or other work
Have pens, pencils and notepaper handy
Answer calls promptly – within 3 rings
Smile as you pick the phone – The caller will hear it in your voice
Project a tone that is enthusiastic, natural attentive and respectful. Greet the caller and identify yourself and your company /department / unit. Ask, ‘How may I help you?’’
During the conversation
Enunciate clearly. Speak distinctly.
Use plain English and avoid unnecessary jargon and acronyms
Always speak calmly and choose your words naturally
Use all your listening skills
Focus your full attention on the caller and the conversation
Listen “between” the words
Use active listening to clarify and check for understanding
Avoid the five forbidden phrases
Instead. Find a way to state the situation positively
“I don’t know”
Instead, say: “That is a good question; let me find out for you”
“I/We can’t do that.”
Instead say: “This is what I/we can do”
“You will have to”
Instead say: “Here’s how we can help you”
“just a second”
Instead Give a more honest estimate of how long will take you
Use “LEAPS” with the emotional caller to vent
L - Listen; allow the caller to vent
E - Empathize; acknowledge the person’s feelings
A - Apologize when appropriate, even if the problem is not your fault, You can say, “I am really sorry this has happened” and mean it
P - Be positive
S - Solve; suggest/generate solutions that you can both agree on and, if reasonable, do it!
Concluding the call
End the conversation with agreement on what is to happen next; if you are to follow up, do so immediately.
Thank the caller for calling, invite the caller to caller again
HOW TO PUT A CUSTOMER ON HOLD
Ask customers if you may put them on hold
Wait for a response
Inform the customers why they are put on hold
Give a time frame
Thank customers for holding after returning to the line
How To Transfer A Call
Transfer ONLY when necessary; get the information yourself
Take down the following information:
The person, caller wants to speak to
The caller’s name
The caller’s company name
he reason for calling
Customers are made aware that the call is being transferred and to whom it is being transferred
The person receiving the call is informed about the caller
"Mr. Luke's line is still busy, do you wish to continue waiting?"
I'm sorry to keep you waiting, may I check further and call you back?"
"That line is still busy, may someone else help you?“
"I'm sorry, she is still away from her desk, do you wish to continue waiting?"
How To Take A Message
Explain to the customer, why the call could not be transferred.
Identify yourself and for whom you are answering the phone
Indicate the period of time the person will be available
Make sure you get the following info.
- The name of the caller. Ask for spelling
- Organization’s name
- The (correct) telephone number of the caller
- The message. Ask for clarification if necessary
Read back what you've written to be sure you’ve understood the message correctly
Always assure the person that you will deliver the message promptly
Deliver the message in a timely fashion
Ending A Call
Let the caller hang up first so that he/she don’t accidentally get cut off in the middle of a sentence.
How To Deal With Angry Customers
Convey sincere interest and be empathetic
Agree as often as possible
Remain calm and courteous. DO NOT ARGUE!
Do not interrupt unless the person needs to talk to another person or department
Do not blame co-workers
Explain clearly and be anxious to solve the problem or correct mistakes
Do not make unrealistic promises
Apologize. Be sure to say I'm sorry
Act fast. Acting quickly shows that you are sorry and that you will handle the issue
Follow up. Get back to the caller to make sure the problem has been solved
When You Are Away From The Office
Arrange for coverage or leave a voice mail message for callers
Place a short message on the machine. Callers do not like to wait during a long message
Advise your office of where you can be reached
Check your messages during the day
Plan your call. Knowing what you need to say will make your call brief and effective
Place your own calls when possible to add a personal touch and create a good will
Identify yourself and quickly state your business
Qualities Of A Good Voice
Lower, mellow pitch
Tips For Creating A Good Image
Use basic phrases of courtesy--"May I help you?, Please, Thank you, You are welcome"
Use standard, accepted business phrases
Avoid slang-"uh huh, yeah, nope, dude, or bye bye for good bye"
Do not chew gum
Do not slam the phone or cut off abruptly
Smile while speaking. People can "hear a smile" over the phone
Just try it and feel the difference.
Articles to Read :
01. INDIANS=>Don't Buy P-E-T-R-O-L
02. Beware of MOUSE (MOUSE ARM !!!)
03. Surface Computer : Microsoft
04. The Road is Never Long Between Friends !!!
05. Principle of Life !!! By Stephen Covey
06. FLY PEN TOP COMPUTER by LEAP FROG
07. The KPO Industry : New Horizen (Part-I)
08. The KPO Industry : KPO & BPO (Part-II)
09. The KPO Industry : Why GLOBAL concentrated to INDIA? (Part-III)
10. What next ? After the Death of One Love Bird.....
11. Amazing Photos From the Russian Website....
12. The Heaven on the Land....
13. Gorgeous photos of the Nature !!!
14. Awesome Pictures !!!
15. Magical Moving Images
16. 3 Words !!!
17. INDIA : The DARK Side !!!
18. Lightning burst captured in photo !!!
19. ...they take 9 months to download
20. Safe in Daddy's Arms !!!
21. Burning Rainbow !!!
22. Volcano oozes lava into the ocean !!!
23. The TULIP's World !!!
24. The Women World !!!
25. Play like a TOY !!!
26. Singapore Threatened by Poision Spider
27. Innocent Kids : Feel Your Childhood !!!
28. I meet SWAMI at our Factory !!!
29. Two Moons on 27th August !!!
30. Awesome Paper Art
31. Mother Power !!
32. Late Hour Working
33. If you plant honesty, it will determine what you will reap later!!
34. Plushy Airports of UK
35. Friendship : From My Mental Vision
36. Selective Listeneing
37. Online Big Bazar of Promotional Products
38. A Live Interview between YOU & INDIAN GOVERNMENT
39. My dear Sweethearts, What is Love?
40. Sir Sachin Tendulkar : Any thing missed here?
41. A Market of Holesale Shirts
42. A Love Story : Not to Forget
43. HP : The New Era of Inkjet Cartridges and Printers
44. Nature : A Natural Friend
45. Choose Your Frame at ZenniOptical.com
46. Mother Of Nation : Mother Teresa
47. Save your car with carinsurancerates.com
48. Arab Belly Dance : The Modern Era of New Dance
49. Keep Close Your Emotions in MailBoxes
50. The World's Most Expensive Vodka : Diva Vodka
51. Europe's Online Ticket Exchange Hub
52. Improve Your Life with Yoga and Meditation
53. Belief in yourself and your abilities
54. Countdown begins : Grab your Tickets Now
55. Health Mistakes We Did Regularly
56. The World of (E)mpire - A Online Shopping Mall
57. Abortion : The Dark Moment of Womanhood
58. Heena : The Mehendi World
59. Create Meaningful Pictures with Water Drops Art
60. Communication Skill : An Accomplishment of Life
61. Budget 2008-2009 : Highlights
62. Music Is Life : Create an email account for preserving songs
63. Smile : The key that fits the lock of everybody's heart
64. Innocence : An innocence review ... my way!
65. A review : 7 Secrets of Success
66. Crown : The mirror of your personality
67. Always allows the Boss to Speak First!
68. Body Art : An art to invoke emotions!
69. How you think about your Dining Room?
70. India : The creation of beautiful classical paintings
71. Mother : The Ocean of Love
72. School In A Cave : I just missed it
73. Birthday and Cake : A Delicious Treat and Emotions of Everyone
74. Photography : An art from the core of the heart
75. Classic Definitions & Cool Meanings
76. A Small Touching Story : Mainly for Professionals
77. Is it your dream bike? - You just dream about Dream Girl
78. 21 tips on take and give philosophy : worth for our lives
79. The Problem, could be very much within us
80. Memorable Gudhi Padwa : Received a greeting through the mail
81. Gather all resources before working on any project
82. India : Truth alone Triumphs - 1
83. India : Truth alone Triumphs - 2
84. India : Truth alone Triumphs - 3 (India Trade)
85. India : Truth alone Triumphs - 4 (Self Reliance)
86. Tata Nano wants the supplier for its 1 Lac Rs. Car. Anybody interested?
87. Honey, where would I have been without you?
88. India : Truth alone Triumphs - 5 (Pharmaceuticals)
89. India : Truth Alone Triumph - 6 (Foreign Multi-National Companies)
90. India Truth Alone Triumph - 7 (BPO)
91. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly
92. When you leave office today, Put the Glass Down
93. Poison that kill your dreams
94. Life is all about choices : You have Two Choices!
95. A Presence of mind!
96. Your Health is My Concern (Juice) - 1
97. Funny things just enjoy!
98. Let us choose the way to live : Warren Buffet
100. There are 4 things that you cannot recover
101. The Most Important Book – The Book of your life
102. Things that can be done with your cellphone
103. Cholesterol - A silent killer : The truth about your heart - 1
104. Cholesterol - A silent killer : The truth about your heart : Cholesterol and Heart Disease - 2
105. Cholesterol - A silent killer : The truth about your heart : Symptoms, Healthy Levels and Triglycerides of high blood cholesterol - 3
106. Cholesterol - A silent killer : The truth about your heart : Types of dietary fats in the food - 4
107. Cholesterol : A Silent Killer : A good cooking oil, Right Foods and Regular excersie - 5
108. Cholesterol : A Silent Killer : Stop overweight and smoking habits - 6
109. Request to all Sons and daughters on the eve of Father's Day
110. Top 22 things an Indian does after returning to India from "US"
111. Check your computers for DNS vulnerability
112. It is Google's Second Life
113. Voguish contact lens to monitor diseases
114. Water on the Moon
115. Guys, Just try Smiling
116. A Bridge of Love : Just get an essence of the story
117. A Difficult Judgement
118. Warning : I am almost at the end of my rope... and yours